Wednesday 14 September 2011

A level media go!

We've been given the task of creating a music video of a song we picked from a list of 23 songs. I picked track number 16, a reggae song with a fast pace for a song of that genre.
Track 16 (mp3)

 I've formed a basic idea for the music video, I hope to make it mainly a narrative and concept based video with little to no performance in it. I want to use effects like a fisheye lens on the camera to distort everything on the peripheries of the camera and to bring more focus on the center of the screen and also try messing with some tones on the video like using a sepia tone used in the video below



I thought the idea of using a fisheye lens would be good after seeing it used in a couple of movies such as the use of it for the robot HAL 9000 in the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, I think it greatly highlights the uses of a fisheye lens as it centralises the character and forces the audience to focus on them.  The use of the lens mentioned above can be seen at around 9:20 into the video below




I chose song 16 because of it's genre, reggae, which I knew was not neccesarily limited to 1 type of the three music video types; performance, concept and narrative. for inspiration I looked at the video for Buffalo soldier by reggae legend Bob marley as it used a small amount of performance and was mainly comprised of concept and narrative which encapsulated the rough idea I have in my head for the music video i'm going to make.



For the story of my music video I took some inspiration for Pretty fly for a white guy by Offspring although obviously as mine is a reggae song there will be some obvious changes.

Here's a couple of the inspirations i've used for my storyboard of my music video, I'll post more over time

No comments:

Post a Comment